"Papier Mache is simple if rather labourious, maybe one of the most simple and effective items to make with papier mache is a fruit bowl." :)
|Papier Mache Bowl|
How To Make Papier Mache Fruit Bowl
1. Cover chosen mould ( Bowl ) with cling film.
2. Make flour and water paste. About 2tbls of flour to 2 mugs of water.
Should be a fairly thick consistancy, whisk the lumps out.
3. Soak inch pieces of newspaper in the solution.
4. When throughly soaked apply one layer to the mould. Allow to dry over night.
5. Continue layering until you feel you have sufficant layers. Repeating step 4.
6. When dry, paint with water based emulsion.
7. Decorate with decoupage cut outs.
8. When dry finish with water based varnish.
Also from Claire.
How To Do Decoupage.